At Kids' Open Make, families have access to our space, project kits, materials, and hand tools to create, explore, and learn!
Kids are welcome to bring their own projects or work with ours. We also have crafts, electronics, Lego, snap circuits, games, Little Bits, robots, Minecraft, and more. There is no charge for this event and all ages are welcome.
Note: This is not a drop off activity. Parents must stay with their children to assist with projects. While we welcome all families, please be aware that Tampa Hackerspace is an active workshop and young children must be closely supervised at all times.
A few of our special projects have a small fee to cover the cost of materials for take-home items. These projects are optional; the rest of the Kids' Open Make event is free of charge.
We use quite a few consumable materials in our Kid's Open Make program, and we rely on donations from members and visitors to keep our kids' shelves stocked. We keep a list of needed items on our website.
Cash donations are always gratefully accepted. Look for the donation jar when you get here.
It occurs about twice a month on Sundays from 1pm to 4pm. Check meetup for dates.
- Hardware tear downs: Some kids are often fascinated by what is inside electronics. Others just like to break stuff. Some components are salvaged for use in member projects.
- Tumble Bunnies (Easter theme)
- Stop Motion Movies
- Stitching up glowing wristbands using felt, LEDs, and conductive thread
- Name badges hot-glued keyboard keys to a laser cut wood back.
- Pinhole Cameras for the solar eclipse
This category currently contains no pages or media.