Jump to navigation Jump to search
When closing the space in the event of a hurricane:
- Cancel meetup events.
- Announce closure on slack and social media
- Optionally sponsor post(s) to make it more visible.
- Coordinate members/volunteers show up and:
- Move equipment off of floor (where possible)
- Cover equipment with large garbage bags, plastic drop clothes, tarps, or other plastic sheeting.
- Throw away perishable food items from the refridgerator.
- Perform backups
- Turn off electricity at the breaker panel.
- Perform typical lock up procedures.
- Lock up.
- While away
- Encourage members/volunteers to contribute to crowd sourced shelter database
- After the storm
- Clean up
- Power things on once power is available
- Start with critical systems, such as security, and access controls
- Announce space availability on slack and social media